A fund to assist all Malaysians to Cambridge.
What is CaM-Bridging Fund for?
Unlike most UK universities, Cambridge requires overseas applicants to sit for an interview either in selected countries or in Cambridge. To be interviewed in Malaysia, combined with the UCAS application fee and COPA form, the application fee could potentially rake up to (on average) RM1130. Without any support, students from low-income group will be excluded at the first instance to explore their potential. We aim to increase our footprint within this community and present them with a whole host of new opportunities by supporting them financially.
What support would you get?
- Application fee, broken down into: COPA fee (£30) and interview fee (£150 for face-to-face overseas interview/ £50 overseas virtual interview).
- Mentorship from a student ambassador on subjects like personal statement, admission tests and interview.
Are you eligible for application?
- Academic Qualifications:
Applicants must have achieved the ‘entrance requirement’ of the subject they want to pursue by the year of application and demonstrate the ability to obtain an interview offer. Supporting evidence includes actual academic transcripts, mock examination results and/or predicted grades issued by their colleges.
- Household Income:
Applicants’ annual household income must not exceed RM100,000 as evaluated by the EA form.
- Passion for the subject of interest:
Applicant must demonstrate genuine passion for the subject through their personal statements and responses in the application form.
Timeline (for 2021 academic year)
17 July Application opens
15 August Application closes
22 August Successful candidates will be notified by this date
12 September Extended Deadline for Application
17 September Successful candidates will be notified by this date
20 September UCAS deadline, all applications must be sent to the university via UCAS by this time.
What do you need to do?
If you want to apply for the CaM-Bridging Fund,
- Fill in the form below:
- Attach required documents to the form in a single PDF file.
- Name your file: Cambridgingfund_(your full name in unspaced lowercase).
- Send the PDF file to email@example.com by 15 August 2021. Please put your email subject as CaM-Bridging Fund Application: (Your Full Name).
- Check your email regularly. Results will be announced by 22 August 2021.